Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA) requires every employer to complete and retain the Form I-9 for all new employees and current employees hired on or after November 6, 1986, no matter what your organization’s size is. You could face penalties and fines.
Why must your organization complete these forms?
• Verify the identity of each person hired.
• Verify his or her authorization to work in the United States.
You may obtain the form from the U.S. citizenship and Immigrations Services (USCIS) website, which is part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
When completing the form be sure that you are using the revised form that has been mandatory since May 7, 2013.
• Section 1 is completed by the employee no later than the first day of employment. (A translator may assist.)
• Section 2 is completed by the employer no later than the third day after employment begins. If this does not happen, the employee cannot continue to work.
• Section 3 is completed if the employer
If you need help or have questions contact us at KHRServices@Outlook.com or 561-231-0492